Thursday, June 4, 2009

Leaving Tomorrow

This is my fourth day in St. Louis and we are getting to leave for Institute in Atlanta tomorrow! TFA has been inundating us with information this week about the program, with the intention of informing and getting us jazzed up for the next two years. While I was apprehensive at first about being placed in St. Louis, the city is definitely growing on me and I am getting very excited to be part of the movement here. The St. Louis community is totally on-board with the TFA mission - which is not always the case in TFA locations. The other night we had dinner with the CEOs of Energizer and Build-A-Bear Workshop, both located in St. Louis, because they are both huge advocates of the organization. Additionally, Energizer offered batteries if we ever need them - which I might to fill the calculators of all my future mathletes : ).

I went house-hunting with two other corps members who I will be living with yesterday. While we didn't find anything that fit our needs, we still have tomorrow to find a place. We have a long list and an open day - so we have our fingers crossed that our dream house will appear at the perfect price!

Today I had an interview at a great school called Soldan High School. It is a Magnet school in the city with a focus on International Studies and I would LOVE to teach there. At the beginning of the interview, the vice-principals had to warn me that currently there are no positions open for a high school math teacher, but it was likely that there will be. So, I probably won't find out if I got the job or not for a few weeks.

Tomorrow is our last day in St. Louis and then we begin the trek down to Hot-lanta. There are several of us who will be caravaning our way down south, so we decided to make a stop in Nashville! We will stay there for Friday night and Saturday during the day before going the rest of the way to Institute. Nashville here I come!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete